If you want to keep your dog healthy and happy over the years, grain-free food is the way to go.
It’s important that you find the best food to keep your canine companion around for a long time.
Why Should I Buy Grain Free Dog Food?
Grain-free dog food is beneficial for many different reasons. It will give your pet plenty of energy, a healthy coat, better breath, and so much more.
This food usually contains omega fatty acids, which make your dog’s coat shinier and healthier as a whole. It can also go a long way towards improving the health of your dog’s skin. A lot of breeds are prone to skin problems, so this is important to keep in mind.
There are quite a few dogs that are allergic to numerous ingredients in many mainstream dog food products. Grain-free foods usually use only natural ingredients, so this isn’t nearly as much of an issue.
You are also likely to notice a significant improvement in your dog’s energy levels when they start eating grain-free food. It can even help dogs with mobility problems due to arthritis/joint pain.
10 Best Grain-Free Dog Food 2019
1. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food
The Hill’s Diet Dry Dog Food promotes good digestive healthy and skin for adult dogs. It also contains a significant amount of prebiotic fiber, which helps boost gut health. This dog food is formulated specifically for superior nutrient absorption.
- This dog food is made out of entirely natural ingredients.
- There is plenty of protein for promoting strong muscles.
- Omega fatty acids in this product’s formula are good for your dog’s skin and coat.
- Very small dogs like Chihuahuas may not be able to swallow this food easily.
2. Nature’s Grain Free Easy
The Nature’s Grain Free Easy to Digest Dry Dog Food is packed with all sorts of nutrients to keep your pet healthy and happy. It features a variety of carbohydrate sources, including pumpkin and sweet potato.
- The formula this dog food uses is easy for most dogs to digest without any issues.
- All natural formula means that allergic reactions are unlikely.
- Delicious flavor that most dogs find appealing.
- This food gives off a very strong aroma due to the fish ingredient.
3. “I and Love and You” Naked Essentials
The “I and Love and You” Naked Essentials dry dog food includes plenty of nutrient-rich ingredients like sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and lentils. These foods are good for your dog and help to keep them healthy over the years.
- The size of this food is appropriate for all different dogs.
- No filler or artificial ingredients whatsoever.
- Prebiotics and probiotics included promoting a happy and healthy tummy.
- Some dogs that have a very sensitive stomach might not respond well to this food.
4. Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat
The Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat Real Meat Recipe Dry Dog Food has a high protein formula with wild caught salmon. It has an optimal amino acid profile to promote strong, lean muscles in dogs.
- Made entirely in the USA in accordance with strict quality control standards.
- Added vitamins and minerals to keep your dog healthy as a whole.
- Excellent balance of meat and vegetable ingredients.
- Some customers have reported issues with their dogs experiencing gas.
5. Rachael Ray Nutrish Dry Dog Food
The Rachael Ray Nutrish Dry Dog Food uses farm-raised chicken as its primary ingredient. This provides your dog with plenty of protein for strong muscles. There are absolutely no poultry by-product meal, filler, wheat, or wheat gluten products.
- Includes natural probiotics to promote proper digestion.
- No meat by-products that could negatively affect your dog’s health.
- Numerous sources of protein, including chicken, seafood, and beef.
- Some picky breeds of dogs like Huskies might not go for this food because of the strong taste.
6. Iams Proactive Health Adult
Iams Proactive Health Adult Grain Free Dog Food includes farm raised chicken to support strong muscles for adult dogs. It has a healthy formula that is completely free of any corn, wheat or soy. This virtually guarantees that your dog won’t have any adverse reactions.
- Includes high-quality animal protein that is good for your dog.
- Absolutely no preservatives, fillers or artificial ingredients of any kind.
- Great for all different breeds.
- This food has a somewhat fishy smell, which some dogs might not like.
7. NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet
NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Dry Dog Food contains lots of f vitamins and minerals to preserve your dog’s health over time. Some of the ingredients in this dog food include deboned lamb, chickpeas, dried potatoes, lentils, and lamb meal.
- Formulated to avoid food sensitivities.
- Loaded with nutrients from both meat and vegetables for a balanced diet.
- Money back guarantee makes this a risk-free purchase.
- This dog food is definitely on the expensive side.
8. Instinct Grain-Free Recipe
The Instinct Raw Boost Grain Free Recipe Natural Dry Dog Food has a high protein formula with probiotics to promote a healthy digestive system. It also contains natural bites of freeze-dried raw beef, chicken feat, peas, and whitefish meal.
- Made with high-quality USA raised beef.
- Additional antioxidants help to keep your dog as healthy as possible.
- Affordable price of this dog food makes it budget-friendly.
- Strong fishy smell might put off certain dogs.
9. ORIJEN Fit & Trim High-Protein
ORIJEN Fit & Trim Adult Dry Dog Food features an ultra-nutritious formula with wild-caught fish, cage-free eggs, free-run chicken and turkey. It is appropriate for all different types of dogs, featuring 85% meat and 15% vegetables for the perfect dietary balance. There are zero grain and artificial ingredients.
- Made with fresh regional ingredients to ensure the best results.
- Nice variety of ingredients for a balanced overall diet.
- Appropriate for dogs at any stage of life.
- Some customers claim this food isn’t quite as fresh as others on the market.
10. Blue Buffalo Wilderness
The Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Dry Dog Food has a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. This ensures a healthy and nutritious diet for your dog. There are also omega fatty acids that will help to keep your dog’s coat as healthy as possible.
- Formulated to support a strong and healthy immune system.
- Contains calcium to keep your dog’s teeth and bones healthy.
- Features real meat for a high-quality source of protein.
- The cost of this dog food may be a bit too much for some people.
- Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food is packed with probiotics and great for digestion.
- Nature’s Grain Free Easy to Digest Dog Food is perfect for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
- “I and Love and You” Naked Essentials Dog Food is perfect for all dogs and promotes a healthy coat.
- Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat Real Meat Recipe is loaded with amino acids and many other types of nutrients.
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Dry Dog Food uses a chicken-based formula with tons of protein for strong muscles.
- Iams Proactive Health Adult Dog Food is free of artificial ingredients and also contains lots of protein.
- NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Dry Dog Food has plenty of vitamins and minerals to keep your dog healthy overall.
- Instinct Raw Boost Grain Free Recipe Natural Dry Dog Food contains fresh meat for lots of protein.
- ORIJEN Fit & Trim Dog Food has a meat heavy formula with just enough vegetables for a balanced diet.
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Dry Dog Food is great for adult dogs with its completely natural formula.