There are some parrot species that are more colorful than others.
If you are interested in getting one of these birds, it is important that you make a point of seeing what your options are like. Each of these parrots has something different to offer as a pet.
Most Colorful Parrots
1. Sun Conure
The Sun conure is a very vibrant and beautiful bird that has a red and yellow head with a green back. It also has blue and purple feathers closer to its tail, making it a gorgeous feathery friend to have at home.
These birds emit very loud calls in the wild, but they are fairly quiet in captivity. They can grow up to 12 inches with a maximum weight of 5 ounces. These parrots also have a black beak and feet with some white surrounding their eyes.
Eclectus parrots are also very colorful birds that make for great pets. The males are mostly green with some red and blue on the sides of their wings. They have a yellow beak with some red coloration.
Female Eclectuses are mostly red and blue with a black beak and grey feet. These birds have a very mellow, low-key temperament, making them very desirable as pets. They do, however, need a lot of attention on a daily basis. Neglecting these birds can cause them to begin self harming.
With a maximum length of 20 inches and a weight of up to 19 ounces, these are large birds that require a bit cage or outdoor aviary.
The Scarlet macaw is definitely a colorful bird with a lovely personality. It is naturally found in the rainforest regions of South and Central America. These birds are known for their remarkable intelligence and ability to speak/imitate words and phrases.
Both the males and females have the same multifarious coloration. They are mostly red with yellow, blue and green on their wings. These birds also have a black and cream-colored beak and a white face.
If you are interested in getting a parrot, this one is an excellent option. These birds are very high maintenance though, so they are not for beginners.
The Hyacinth Macaw has a brilliant color scheme with mostly blue as well as some yellow around the eyes and mouth. They are also very smart birds that make for amazing long term companions. These birds can live up to 50 years with proper care. They can naturally be found in the rainforest regions of Brazil.
This parrot can grow up to 3.3 feet with a maximum weight of 3.7 pounds, so it is pretty big to say the last. It is known for its silly and quirky personality, which will be sure to provide you with years of amusing moments.
The Lilac-Crowned amazon parrot is mostly green with some blue and purple on top of its head. While it isn’t the most colorful parrot in the world, it is still quite beautiful as a whole. This parrot needs to get a lot of exercise each day in order to stay healthy.
With an average length of around 13 inches and a weight of up to 11 ounces, this is a pretty big bird. It requires a large cage and is somewhat sensitive to changes in temperature, either hot or cold.
It is fairly common for these birds to become extremely attached to one person in particular in a household. You need to spend at least 2-3 hours with this bird each day to keep it adequately stimulated, both mentally and physically.
- The Sun Conure is a gorgeous bird that has red, yellow and green feathers. It is fairly large and has a black beak with white around each of its eyes.
- The Eclectus parrot is another colorful bird. Males are almost entirely green, while females have a red and blue color scheme.
- The Scarlet Macaw is known for its incredible intelligence, as well as boasting a variety of colors that include green, blue, yellow and red.
- The Hyacinth Macaw hails from South America, featuring brilliant blue plumage with a bit of yellow around their eyes.
- The Sun Conure is another big bird that is very vocal and has yellow, green, blue and purple feathers.
- The Scarlet Macaw is a very smart and quirky bird that is more colorful than just about any other parrot in the world.
- Finally, the Lilac-Crowned Amazon is a pretty parrot that is mostly green with some blue feathers.